Reinforced plastic products are dimensionally accurate, attractive and durable, and enable designers almost infinite freedom for creativity. The best property of reinforced plastic is that it can be shaped to suit a vast variety of uses. Reinforced plastic structures are also very resistant against corrosion, acids and bases, and big temperature changes. In manual lamination, the manufacture of even large objects is easy.
Seamless, lightweight and durable structures
Reinforced plastic can be used for anything between small individual objects to large industrial applications. Reinforced plastic can be made into seamless structures with unparalleled lightness, durability and rigidity. The lightness and strength of carbon fibre and Kevlar, among others, are ideal for special structures.
Typical properties of the end products:
- Demanding and large objects
- Excellent strength in relation to weight
- Lightness, durability and rigidity are top-class
- Good heat resistance: optimal properties for both indoor and outdoor use
- Excellent surface quality, paintability and gluability
- Excellent corrosion, acid and alkali resistance
- Almost unlimited freedom of design
- Good electrical insulation
- Low mould costs per item