Expanded polypropylene (EPP) is a cellular polypropylene plastic that is highly durable and resilient, making it highly suitable for use in packaging for demanding applications, such as blood and plasma transport, in the automotive industry (e.g. in car bumpers), as well as for insulation, sound damping and airflow control components in air conditioning apparatus.
Typical properties of EPP in final products:
- Variable density between 30 and 80 kg/m³
- Properties change according to the density
- Functional properties over a wide temperature range, from -40 to +120 °C
- Good thermal insulation
- Excellent durability and shock absorption
- Good mechanical resilience after dynamic or static loading
- Low water absorption
- Good resistance to chemical solvents
- Easy to clean, machine-washable
- Reusable material
A typical moulding material is aluminium.