Reinforced plastic composites are thermoset plastics strengthened with glass or artificial fibres or other fillers. Reinforced plastics can be used in both individual items and large-volume industrial production. They can be made into seamless structures with unparalleled lightness, durability and rigidity. Reinforced plastic products get their final shape and colour from the mould. The lightness and strength of carbon fibre and Kevlar are ideal for special structures.
Typical properties of the end products:
- Demanding and large objects
- Excellent strength in relation to weight
- Lightness, durability and rigidity are top-class
- Good thermal resistance: optimal properties for both indoor and outdoor use
- Excellent surface property, easy to paint and glue
- Excellent corrosion, acid and alkali resistance
- Virtually unlimited moulding options
- Good electrical insulation
- Low mould costs per item
Moulds are typically made of reinforced plastic.