Polydicyclopentadiene (PDCPD) is a two-component, low-viscosity liquid used as plastic raw material. It has excellent impact strength, flexibility, lightness, corrosion resistance, and can be painted. In addition to its good mechanical properties, the use of PDCPD offers greater freedom of design than sheet metal structures, for example. PDCPD is ideal for manufacturing large items.
Typical features of the final product:
- Excellent impact strength
- Good heat resistance: optimal properties for both indoor and outdoor use
- Excellent surface quality, paintability and gluability
- Excellent corrosion, acid and alkali resistance
- Almost unlimited freedom of design
Typical moulding materials are aluminium and steel.