Polyurethane elastomers (polyester and polyether) are types of elastic polymers, which have rubber-like properties. They can be manufactured with either a solid or cellular structure depending on the requirements of the final product.
Products made with polyurethane elastomers have excellent mechanical and chemical properties such as high strength, good wear resistance, good resistance to gases, oils and aromatic hydrocarbons, and excellent oxygen and ozone resistance.
Typical features of the final product:
- Different textures of the product can be achieved using different moulds
- Stiffeners can be used
- Corrosion-resistant and impact-resistant
- Good shock absorption properties
- Noise and vibration damping
- Pleasant to handle
- Products dyed throughout or painted using in-mould coating (IMC)
- Elasticity is maintained in the temperature range of -25 to +70 °C
- The average density of the final product is 800 to 1,200 kg/m 3
Typical moulding materials are epoxy plastic and aluminium.